March 8, 2021 |
I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of six (two adults, two teens, a pre-teen, and a baby). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, feminine products, etc.). Jesse and I usually eat lunch at home. The kids have lunch at school.
If you remember from last week, I spent $59 on groceries last week. So I had a little extra to spend on groceries this week. Plus, Kroger had sent me a $7 off $70 coupon in a mailer — so that helped me stretch the grocery budget even more this week!
I was excited about a strawberry deal! The best deal is always when I can get them for $0.99 at Aldi, but I’ll take 3 for $5!
Since Jesse, Kathrynne, and Kaitlynn are in Florida this week (for school trips) and my book launches next week, my mom is here helping with Kierstyn while I do a lot of different interviews for book launch. My mom was the one who first inspired me to love salads, so I bought lots of ingredients for salads this week!
I was so excited to find cheese marked down! That is a rare thing at our store!
And I was going to buy some Goldfish since they were supposed to be $0.99 when you bought five or more participating items… but then I found some for $0.39!!
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 3 boxes Mom’s Best Cereal — $1.49 each when you buy 5 or more participating items
- Instant Oatmeal — $1.49, used $0.40 mailer coupon = $1.09
- Crackers — on closeout for $0.69
- Mott’s Fruit Snacks — $1.49 when you buy 5 or more participating items
- 3 bags Goldfish — $0.39 each when you buy 5 or more participating items
- Oral B Toothbrush — $1
- Crackers — on closeout for $0.87
- 3 2-pack Gerber baby food — marked down to $0.49 each
- 2 packs yeast — marked down to $0.49 each
- Craisins — $1.59 when you buy 5 or more participating items
- Rice — $0.89
- Peanut Butter — $1.50
- Parmesan cheese — marked down to $1.79
- Brown Cow yogurt — marked down to $1.99
- 4 bags frozen veggies — $1 each — used 2 $0.50/2 coupons = $0.75 each
- BodyArmour Drink — $1.50 (I messed up and didn’t get the Edge drink — this was supposed to be $0.50
- Simple Truth yogurt — marked down to $0.49
- Flour — $1.49
- Cottage Cheese — $1.25
- Apple Juice — $1.50
- 4 Salad Kits — marked down to $1.69 each
- Greens — marked down to $2.49
- Bananas — marked down to $1.29
- Apples — marked down to $0.99
- Oats — $2.69
- Milk — $2.49
- Spring Mix — marked down to $1.69
- Romaine Lettuce — $1.29
- Mushrooms — marked down to $1.19
- Cauliflower — marked down to $0.99
- Eggs – $2.79
- Triscuits — $1.49
- Cheese — marked down to $3.29
- Bread — $1.99
- Bread — $1.39
- Bork — marked down to $4.49
- 3 packages strawberries — $5
- Spinach — marked down to $2.49
- Granola Bars — used free coupon sent in a mailer
- Used $7 off $70 coupon
- Total with tax: $74.81
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here for my FREE tip sheet on how to cut your grocery bill by $50 this week.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
Read Newer Post